The Maker Cupboard

- Digital Making - Raspberry Pi Projects - 3D printing - Educational Resources -

Adventures in painting

At the start of the summer I had got to a point with my printing on my CR10S that I could hit print and be almost certain that I would get a good print. This was the point where I decided that my focus should shift to the finishing and painting of models.

My first few attempts have been poor (mainly because I haven't painted anything since primary school!).

This latest print was the first where I actually feel proud of my work and think I am starting to make progress.

This is the model used.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-mandalorian-trophy-42145



IMG_20191116_122934

19 hours later …

IMG_20191116_122939

Lots and lots of supports to remove …

IMG_20191116_183022

Primed print

IMG_20191116_185236

First coat …

and now the final result ….

IMG_20191117_152604

IMG_20191117_152609

IMG_20191117_152615

For the first time I used a paint sponge to add the rust / dirt effect.

Really looking forward to the next model.

blog comments powered by Disqus